Welcome to New York City SHRM!
Dear New York City HR community and beyond,
I am delighted to serve as New York City SHRM’s President for 2019-2020 and am proud to work with our 26 Special Interest Groups (SIGs), Committees, (Our new HR Tech SIG is being formed this year!) and the entire membership! We were the first SHRM and remain one of its largest.–a super mega chapter. In this digital age, it is increasingly important to join a professional organization to stay connected and to continue learning. It’s exciting to meet face-to-face at seminars and networking events that focus on strategic issues, best practices, and the latest HR trends.
New York City SHRM offers you a multitude of opportunities to connect, learn and grow with a community of passionate, talented individuals and dynamic programs to satisfy both your intellectual curiosity, as well your CPE requirements. Personally, I joined New York City SHRM and started slow as an occasional committee member, moved to a more dedicated volunteer, became Chair of the Professional Development Special Interest Group, advanced to Vice President of programs and now President, giving me a broad, historical perspective of both the HR field and the organization. It has been a rewarding journey filled with opportunities and possibilities so go outside your comfort zone and JUST SAY YES! Attend our numerous programs and our expanded, annual strategic conference, network with other members and discover common bonds among our diverse populations. My new motto is: Attend as a guest, leave as a member, attend as a member, leave as a volunteer! You’ll be glad you did! You would also be surprised how many of our successful board/committee members have been “voluntold!”
TOP 10 REASONS TO BE A PART OF NYC SHRM NOW:
- We are the pre-eminent, respected HR organization in New York City
- Be Proactive-Not Reactive—Take Charge of Your Career!—40 plus programs to advance your career and help you recertify your credentials!
- Did you know the NYCSHRM offers you over $5000 ROI on your investment in benefits? Explore our website now to discover more.
- We are a robust community with diverse individuals and perspectives
- Stay up-to-date with Employment Law/Avoid Company Liability
- Receive access to business contacts and strategic partnerships
- Leadership/Membership Opportunities in 26 Special Interest Groups
See our Volunteer Engagement page for details on how you can get involved.
If you are not currently a member, just click to join and experience all the member benefits.
- Participate in our mentoring group as a mentor or mentee—both exceptionally rewarding!
- Round-the-clock access to HR news/issues/trends
- Attend fun and productive networking events in amazing venues—both daytime and evening time periods available!
I look forward to you becoming part of our New York City SHRM family and encourage you to take advantage of our exclusive membership benefits! You will be thrilled to be associated with an exceptional group of individuals who can help advance your career!
We are also on Social Media! Follow us on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. Join our LinkedIn groups to engage in conversation and focus on the latest topics and events.
I look forward to personally greeting you at one of our upcoming seminars.
Janet Riesel, MBA, SHRM-SCP, SPHR
President, NYC SHRM