To have your event listed on our HR Community Calendar, click here to request more information.
- This event has passed.
Jackson Lewis NYC Breakfast Series
May 9, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
The 2019 Guide to Effectively Complying with Federal, State and New York City Laws when Managing Employee Leave and Accommodation Requests
New York City employers face daily challenges when managing employee leave of absence requests. Complying with the Family and Medical Leave Act, the New York Paid Family Leave Law and other related laws is a significant undertaking for an employer.
Accommodation and leave requests coupled with the introduction of new laws in New York City make managing these requests more complicated than ever before. Recent laws requiring a cooperative dialogue process and lactation rooms create new obligations for New York City employers. This program, which will focus on the day-to-day issues that arise most often, will help employers tackle these new requirements and walk through how to effectively manage employee accommodation and leave requests in a fast evolving climate.
– Complying with federal, state and New York City laws when managing employee leave and accommodation requests
– Managing the leave process from start to finish
– Effective use of leave documentation
– Understanding accommodation obligations
– What’s new? New York City cooperative dialogue and New York City lactation room accommodations