Human resources professionals are facing exciting and challenging times today. As the gig economy gains even more steam, talent management is taking center stage at many companies. Technology advancements are also impacting the HR world, and HR professionals need to stay on top of trends and solutions to keep their businesses at the forefront of the market.
If you’re an HR professional, now is a great time to catch up on the latest and greatest HR blogs. Getting insight from industry experts and fellow professionals can help you build your skills and think outside the box. These blogs can provide you with the insights and information you need to excel in your role and help your company excel.
We have chosen the best HR blogs that are updated regularly and feature insights and analysis from leading HR voices, and we even threw in a few that provide some stress relief with an irreverent look at HR. Here are the top human resources blogs for HR professionals:
Neil Morrison has worked in HR for 20 years and operates under the belief that HR professionals need to rethink their approach to people management and shift their focus to organizational needs. He pursues organization-centric solutions and blogs at Change-Effect.
Here are three posts to get started with Change-Effect:
CIPHR delivers human resources software for storing employee data, handling payroll and recruitment, administering benefits, and keeping attendance records. They also share HR news and articles in their blog, which covers tips and advice for HR professionals.
Here are three posts to get started with the CIPHR Blog:
- How Sentiment Analysis Can Help You Understand Your Workforce
- 12 Strategies to Attract Passive Talent
- Are Improved Workspaces the Key to Employee Productivity?
The DATIS HR Cloud provides a fully unified HR and payroll software to nonprofit and health and human services organizations. Their blog delivers thought leadership for health and human services organizations and centers on HR topics such as workforce management and leadership.
Here are three posts to get started with the DATIS HR Blog:
- Workforce Trends That Are Here to Stay
- Workforce Management of the Future
- Managing a Multigenerational Workforce
EffortlessHR provides online HR software solutions for small businesses. Their blog covers hiring, employee issues, and policies, management, training and development, and many other topics of interest to HR professionals.
Here are three posts to get started with the EffortlessHR Blog:
- How to Manage an Expanding Team of Remote Employees
- 5 Ways HR Managers Impact Company Culture
- HR’s Role in Building a Company Culture of Sustainability
Suzanne Lucas is the “Evil HR Lady” working to “demystify your Human Resources Department, one question at a time.” Her blog confronts the misconception that all HR people are “evil” and offers tips and advice to help HR professionals excel.
Here are three posts to get started with from Evil HR Lady:
- Here’s Why You Should Do Background Checks
- Engage in Monthly Health Plan Monitoring to Improve Engagement, Costs
- Corporate Team Building Activities that Actually Build Teams
Fistful of Talent is a group blog written by recruiters, HR professionals, managers, and consultants about all things talent. Topics cover hiring, candidate experience, company culture, negotiation, employee engagement, management, performance, and a whole host of other issues that are pertinent to today’s HR pros.
Here are three posts to get started with from Fistful of Talent:
- Is Tech Like Slack and Teams Killing Corporate Culture?
- Why You Should Close Candidates on a Good Note (Even If You Know They’re Not Going to Get the Job)
- 3 Ways Recruiters Can Win with Storytelling
GetFive specializes in outplacement and career transitions. The GetFive blog addresses HR topics and strives to put the “human” back in human resources for companies and employees alike.
Here are three posts to get started with from GetFive:
- How Healthy Is Your Job Search?
- Top Trends in Employee Benefits
- 3 Easy, Effective HR Strategies for Onboarding Employees Successfully
HR Bartender is authored by Sharlyn Lauby, an HR professional who now serves as a consultant. She created the blog “so people would have a friendly place to discuss workplace issues,” and her menu of topics covers employee engagement, HR law, and legislation, recruiting and retention, strategy and planning, and a few other tasty treats.
Here are three posts to get started with from HR Bartender:
- Onboarding Individuals Who Are Changing Careers
- Onboarding Is Your Foundation for the Employee Experience
- Organizations an Use Assessments to Bridge the Skills Gap
Kris Dunn, the founder of Fistful of Talent, is also the HR professional behind The HR Capitalist. Dunn’s posts cover compensation, culture, performance management, recruiting, retention, and a host of other topics, and he puts his own spin on those topics at times by blending them with current affairs and sports.
Here are three posts to get started with from The HR Capitalist:
- Let’s Look at Open Jobs + Unemployment Benefits Through the Lens of a Recruiting Department…
- Tesla: Now the Most Interesting Workplace Culture in the World…
- Candidates Who Try to Cheat the Behavioral Interview are Actually Doing You a Favor…
The HR Gazette provides commentary on HR technology, talent, performance, learning, strategy, and leadership. Their posts include opinions, analyses, news, and reviews from some of the best HR and management professionals and expert contributors from around the United States. If you’re a podcast fan who likes to listen to the latest news and insights on your daily commute, you’ll also find some links to HRchat podcasts among the articles.
Here are three posts to get started with from The HR Gazette:
- Are You Living and Leading a Positive Office Culture?
- Talent Acquisition: How to Attract the Best?
- Hiring the Perfect Person for Your Company Every Time
HR Morning provides a daily dose of news, opinions, and knowledge for HR professionals. HR Morning also delivers the latest HR and employment law news tailored to small to medium-sized businesses. Readers get actionable insights to gain a better understanding of the impact of HR trends on your business.
Here are three posts to get started with from HR Morning:
- How Businesses Are Tackling Bias Head-on
- Study: What HR Actually Does vs. What Employees Expect HR To Do
- Why Employee Engagement Matters – and 4 Ways to Build It Up
Sterling Talent Solutions gives organizations hiring peace of mind by delivering a simpler, smarter background screening and onboarding experience for employees around the globe. Their HR blog covers topics such as candidate experience, onboarding, re-screening employees, HR technology, and more.
Here are three posts to get started with from Sterling Talent Solutions Blog:
- The Gig Economy Influence: What Every Industry Can Learn
- Onboarding Isn’t Just Day One: Creating a 30/60/90 Day Plan
- The Corporate Culture Fit Factor